Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pitter Pitter Patter

Alright, I'm going to admit my weak spot.... yes, it's babies!

I love, love, love babies!    I love everything about them... how cute they are, their newborn smell, how everything is brand new to them.    I was an Anne Geddes freak before I had children...  her photography adorned every inch of my work space.   Now it could be argued that I have a shrine for my children at work, but my kids as babies are always what makes me breathe a sigh of nostalgia and how it felt to hold them, snuggle them, and just love them so much in those first couple precious years of their life.

So what do I do now to get my baby fix?    I teach music to babies, of course!  :)   I love spending time in the baby room at Uncle Sam's... bringing in my guitar and percussion instruments and see the look of wonder and delight on all the babies' faces as we enjoy music together.

Two sweet little babies, little miss Lucy (the director, Lisa Passalono's daughter) and Ariella, have the happiest little baby feet I've ever seen!   As soon as the music starts, those baby feet get going!   Thus, the inspiration for this next song, "Pitter, Pitter, Patter."




Pitter Pitter Patter
By: Denise Forney

(Chorus)
It’s the pitter pitter patter, pitter pitter patter of itty bitty baby’s feet
Happy little wiggle toes – look at just how fast they go
Movin’ and groovin’ to the beat

No we don’t know where those feet will take you, baby
But we know you’re going to go far
It won’t be long before you’re on your tippy toes
Reaching for the stars, whoa…. (chorus)
You might be scooting across the floor today
Pulling yourself up soon
It won’t be long before you’re on your tippy toes
Reaching for the moon, whoa…. (chorus)

Watching you grow, is exciting you know
Those dancing feet sure do have fun
It won’t be long before you’re on your tippy toes
Reaching for the sun, whoa….  (chorus)

No comments:

Post a Comment